Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our 1st Booking

When we have decided on our church, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Tagaytay, I wanted to reserve the date right away. Having a peak month and a destination wedding we might not be able to book the date and time that we want. So I called the parish office last Friday (Aug 7) to pencil reserve our preferred date: December 10, 2010 at 3PM, lo and behold the date was already booked by another couple just last Aug 5. I was really disappointed and tried calling h2b several times so I can let out my grumbling feelings but he was still in their planning session then. It had to take 2 cigs to calm me down and of course a few venting out from the people who knows the plan. When h2b had the chance to call me, my voice almost cracked because of the weak feeling and like a kid I told him “sabi sa’yo I book na natin ng maaga” almost into tears. Eventually I got over it, I had to! With a realization that it’s just a date, the wedding is still on anyway. Though it would really be nice if everything will work out as planned but anyway moving forward.

H2b and I went to Tagaytay to finally reserve a date, which we will still check what is available, we were really surprised on the number of reservations already for December 2010, as in couples are really planning 16-18 months ahead. Initially, he wants the 12/11/10 date unfortunately the only available slot is 9AM, which won’t fit to the theme that we want. So after several discussions on the dates: 12/3/10 or 12/17/10 we opt for the 12/17/10 to give us enough room to prepare. So the parish secretary, Haylene ink reserved the date and gave us the forms we should fill-out. There were questions like “Why do you want to get married” and “Why do want to have children?” which was pretty hard, hmm I wonder if the questions on the canonical interview will be harder. Afterwards, we paid the downpayment of Php 5K, while the rest will be paid 2 months before the wedding. She also discussed to us the requirements which we should start arranging 6 months before the wedding, mostly documents. The number of things to do is quite overwhelming but Haylene was accommodating enough and even gave me misallete as a reference, this is intended to be one of our DIYs.

So there it is our wedding date: 12/17/10, the feeling was like being engaged. ^_^ like we are really on the next stage of our relationship, this is it!

After the church, we went to One Tagaytay Place to check out the area, the staffs were friendly and showed us the ballroom and the different rooms they have. The grand ballroom looks pretty grand, the rooms are cozy and the price is pretty reasonable for couples who like us have a decided budget. Comparing to the other venue we have in mind, Summit Ridget, IMHO One Tagaytay has nicer rooms and ballroom while Summit Ridge has an elegant façade and receiving area. On the cost however there’s quite an x thousands difference which I will still have to really look into.

Then we had our lunch/dinner at Greek Taverna after the ocular in One Tagaytay Place. Of course we talked about the productive day and tons of tasks we should do, he felt overwhelmed ^_^ which is just normal. He wants us to decide on the venue already, now he knows that if we don’t book early we might loose the good and reasonable venues we have in mind hmm probably a lesson learned on the preferred date (teehee). So I’ll set a schedule with the sales rep of One Tagaytay and check the final package, if things go well we might book them already. I just really have to compare our two preferred hotels.

Next in my To Dos:

§ Prepare the wedding timeline so that h2b and I are always on the same page and we will know our next steps.

§ Consolidate the suppliers so we can better check the rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails