Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Delightful August

The month of August has been the most exciting and busy month for us. We were able to accomplished a lot of stuff for our wedding and for the after married life as well.

P/V
Aside from the church, we were able to booked our official P/V "Smartshots studio" during th Weddings and Beyong Expo last Aug 22. Before booking, I had to think really hard if this ok with me already. I know we don't have a big budget and we don't have the luxury to acquire different services for Photography and Videography but the freebies included is quite hard to resist, and so after dinner we went back to the event and paid the DP to officially book Dec 17, 2010. The senior photographers' works were presented to us, we chose the style of Ed Sermona.

Afterwards, I still tend to think if we really got a good supplier for P/V or I should have waited and asked the w@wies or GTs first. Eventually I said to myself that we will be ok, we got a good deal and a price that fits our budget.

VENUE/CATERER
Then the venue, we are close to paying the DP for our reception. We are finalizing some things in the contract and then we're good and can close this deal. I am so glad that even though I'm so OC and makulit on this kind of stuff our Sales Rep for the venue is still very accommodating. We will just have the contract reviewed this weekend, then off to booking by next week. Yey!

OTD COORDINATOR
Aside from the reservations of the major stuff, i still do some research of the rest of the things we will need. We have met with 2 OTD Coordinators and still looking for someone who can give a good offer of quality and cost. I told my h2b that for a coordinator, I actually want to see 3 things:
1. Good rates
2. Good reviews from GT and W@W
3. Good rapport with us. Someone who you can see as genuinely willing to help you and not that this is another business deal.

Hopefully, we will be able to book our OTD coordinator soon as I have 2 others scheduled to meet next week.

HMUA
H2b has a friend who does professional make-up and so he inquired on the rates. It's in the above average range on PF i think, and so I have not decided on it yet. What I like about her is the experience on the airbrush make-up which I want to try! I have done some research on other HMUA also, so I really need to meet and review.

GOWN MAKER/GOWN DESIGN
I am very fortunate to have friends who helped me research and decide on the perfect gown for my wedding. Since they know me so well, they have an idea what will suit me and what will be appropriate to our theme. They gave me really good options and its quite hard to decide which is which. I told my MOH that this is the next in line to book and so I have asked her to pool a list of couturier if possible with rates then visit them to check out their designs. OR with the handful of gowns that I have downloaded from the net from Monique Lhuillier to Vera Wang inspired we might look for a really good Mananahi in Divi. Go Girl...search for gown maker is on! Wuhoo!

Lastly Out of Topic: OUR HOME
After searching for almost a year now, we finally made a reservation of our first home ^_^. It's a 43.2 sqm 2-bedroom condo in Sun Valley Paranaque, south area is my soon to be new home. I am so excited and can't wait for us to fix and buy our home furnitures. It will just be a perfect timing, turn over is on 1st quarter of 2011 and the wedding is December 2010.

There goes my exciting August month, of course there are small stuff that were not posted since i don't want to spoil the surprise on our wedding day. I am very lucky to have a partner who is very supportive and cooperative with no complains whenever I set a meeting with supplier and when I drag him to a wedding expo. He is really on the practical side(and doesn't want me to splurge on even just 1 thing on the wedding which I hope he change his mind Hehehe) and he is the brains of the theme though its not rocket science, i still love it!

I know that the next months will be equally as busy, I'm glad that we have our patron/devotion to Mother of Perpetual Help who always always guides us in every step of the way.


1 comment:

  1. hi sis! I'm excited for you! Our P/V is also Smartshot, and our main photographer will be Archie or Zandro ... I don't have OTD coordinator yet but I've been eying Your Events Coordination, very affordable, I think their OTD cost 8k only it includes rsvp and 5-6 assistants I think their stil new in the business... keep in touch tyo ha... I will always visit your blog! TC!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails