Sunday, November 15, 2009

the reel-real proposal

Last Oct 31, 2009 my boyfriend of more than two years finally proposed. Yey! Before I tell the rest of the story, I want to share the long anticipation for this moment and what my h2b did to keep the suspense alive.

A few months back we always talked about engagement rings, I told him that the reversible Bvulgari with onyx and diamond will do ^_^ (I super like that ring and will definitely buy it when I get a chance!) but of course his answer is a big ‘NO’. But he made bawi with the faux engagement/statement rings and proposes with not just once but eight times:

RING #1: The first proposal happened when we were on our way home, we were talking about the wedding and the engagement ring when he jokingly placed a big screw on my ring finger and popped the question. Of course I did not accept! I don't have a photo of the screw since it was in the car that was sold already, i don't like it anyway it's heavy and cold.

RING #2: After meeting a coordinator in Starbucks 6750, the engagement ring talk came up again and so gave birth to the second proposal using a straw from Starbucks Coffee. I refuse to accept still.



RING #3: The most painful of all rings! We were having dinner at Mini-stop (those days when we just want to hang out for a while in budget before going to the terminal) when he pulled out this part of the cap and popped the question. With some scratch on my ring finger i gently said "NO".


RING #4: He asked me to close my eyes and he put something on my ring finger, I thought it was another round thing but was thrilled and touched that it's a real ring, not the engagement ring engagement ring but I still give him A for effort. Hehe!



RING #5: My h2b is getting good at these proposal thing when he popped the question (without feelings haha!) again with purple beads fashionable statement ring. I really laughed when i received it because it't the second time closer to the real thing!



RING #6: My favorite of all rings aside from the real one, I can't really recall how he gave it to me but it's probably one of those times when we were going home already. It's quite big and very recognizable, fits most of the clothes that I wear. I always wear it on my index finger, as advised by one of our boss'(mind you he's a guy with a good eye on these stuff)


RING #7: The last and final of all faux engagement ring, thank God! ^_^




RING #8: The perfect number and the perfect ring. If you look at it closely, you see a regular princess cut but what made it so special is the effort that my h2b poured to search for it. He asked friends who recently got engaged, read articles on choosing a diamond and went out his way to ask people who has connection to jewelers. It may not be Bvlgari or Tiffany's but it just perfect that way it is. So how did he proposed?

H2b asked me out for dinner, he asked it in a very normal way but I still thought that this might be it. So Oct 30th, the day Santi visited Manila, we went to Powerplant looked for a resto then finally decided to dine at C2. After a very satisfying meal, oh by the way I super love the Bibingka Souffle it's sinful and satisfying - try it, I thought "tagal hmm I might be wrong again". So I let go of the idea and just enjoyed the movie after.

When we arrived at my place it was Oct 31st already, I told him to go home immediately since it was raining hard. I was worried that he'll be stranded but my naturally stubborn h2b stayed for awhile. While we were outside the house he asked me how the night was, its been a while since he asked me this, my heart was pounding already when I told him that I had a good time. Then he pulled something on his pocket, went down on his knees and popped the question. I was still caught off guard and my mind went blank! Though I have thought about it, being in the real situation is way way different but I still managed to accept and utter "Yeeess".

here's the group pic of my engagement rings:

After the looong wait, the engagement is almost official. ^_^ why almost? We have to tell my Dad about our plans and get his blessing then when we can say to everyone that "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emy and Jemike! Nice site! :) We're also w@wies, and I hope you don't mind if we add a link to your site on our blog. ;-) Thanks!

    - benj & beej
    http://oneyearafter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sis!!! I'll add yours too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails